How to wash and dry
How to wash properly in self-service laundromat Speed Queen
- In each of our stores you will find an information board with operating instructions in Czech and English Always follow these instructions.
- According to the amout of your laundry select the matching machine (10kg or 18 kg). To achieve the best results, sort out your laundry into piles black/dark colored and light colored/ white and check out your pockets.
- Load your laundry into the washer and close the door. Select the suitable program and temperature. Respect the recommended washing symbols on your clothing labels which correspond with our washing programs.
- Now insert tokens or Czech coins (5 Kč, 10 Kč, 20 Kč or 50 Kč).
There is a money converting machine that will change your banknotes into tokens in the self-service Speed Queen laundry. We kindly advice you, that the money converting machine doesn't give change when bills used, it will issue the appropriate number of tokens for the inserted bill. The tokens can be combined with coins.
- By Pressing the START button you activate the washing program.Washing program takes approximately 30 minutes for 10kg washer and approximately 40 minutes for 18kg washer.
For reasons of safety, the doors are locked and can´t be opened during the whole washing cycle.
- The end of washing program is signaled by a sound. Afterwards a sign DOOR appears on the display and the door will unlock automatically.
How to dry quickly and properly in the laundry machines Speed Queen
When your laundry is washed, it makes sense to dry it before you leave. Our laundry machines will dry your laundry professional.
To achieve the best possible results, always use a bigger dryer than a washing machine. There will be enough room for drying and most of the clothes are beautifully straight after drying and often ironing is not needed. In addition, our professional dryer collects excess lint from fabric during the drying cycle.
How to proceed correctly?
- First of all, select the optimal dryer. For laundry that have been washed in our 10kg washing mashine choose the dryer with capacity of 14kg. For laundry that have been washed in our 18kg washing mashine choose the dryer with capacity of 21kg.
- Place your wet laundry into the selected dryer and choose the suitable program. You can choose between low, middle or high temperature and gentle drying cycle for delicate fabrics.
- You can set up 15 minutes drying cycles. . Optimal drying time are between 20-30 minutes, however, drying time allways depends on the quantity of laundry and type of fabric.
- Insert Czech coins (5 Kč, 10 Kč, 20 Kč or 50 Kč) or tokens, you can change in our money converting machine. We kindly advice you, that the money converting machine doesn't give change when bills used, it will issue the appropriate number of tokens for the inserted bill.
- In order to activate the program, press the START button. The drying time can be extended by inserting a token or a coin before the end of the drying cycle. Once the cycle is done, dryer will switch off automatically.
- Then remove dry clothes from the dryer. It will be beautifully fluffy and dry. If some pieces should be still damp, set the dryer for another 15 minutes drying cycle.
- In the end you can use our large table and sort your fresh washed and dried laundry as you are used to from home. Most of the clothes are beautifully straight after drying and often ironing is not needed, which also saves your time and energy for more important things you like.